The School Reopening Plan included feedback and key information from the following sources:
- Survey of parents and staff
- Consultation with USDB educators, USDBEA leaders, nursing staff, administration, Utah State Department of Health
- Draft plan sent to the USDB Advisory Council for review and feedback
- The Utah State Board of Education reviewed and unanimously approved the Plan on July 23, 2020.
This plan will be adjusted as needed to meet the evolving circumstances of COVID-19.
USDB Hotline & Email
If you’d like to share concerns, comments, questions, or suggestions with USDB, please use our hotline:
Your messages will be reviewed and considered carefully by the USDB Administration.
- July 30, 2020 COVID-19 School Manual
- State of Utah Information https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Information regarding safely reopening schools during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pediatrics, peer reviewed journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics – Kids Rarely Transmit COVID-19
- How do we educate our students about COVID-19? League of Innovative Schools
State of Utah Orders
July 8, 2020 Letter to Parents and Staff from Superintendent Joel Coleman
Please keep your eyes open for the parent and staff survey! Your input will be valuable as we produce our plans. Your feedback will be incorporated into the final draft plan before the end of July. The initial plan to reopen USDB will also be approved by the Utah State Board of Education.
Thank you for your participation in our plans to safely reopen our campuses.
What if parents are opposed to the masking requirement?
It’s important to treat everyone with dignity and respect. Even though a statewide public health order has the force of law, it’s best to appeal to a person’s sense of the greater good. Remind others that a mask requirement is a temporary measure during the current risk phase.