Deaf Educational Advocacy Summit – Washington, DC
You are invited to an Education and Advocacy Summit hosted by the Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf, the Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center, Maguire Welcome Center at Gallaudet University, and the National Association of the Deaf. The events will occur February 26 and 27, 2019 in Washington, DC. Students will fly out of the Salt Lake City airport on February 25, 2019, and return on February 28, 2019. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 30, 2018.
The Education and Advocacy Summit consists of three components:
- February 26, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Gallaudet University Tour and Luncheon for professionals, parents, and high school students (sponsored by Maguire Welcome Center).
- February 26, 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m., Educational Summit:
- Education Professional Summit– Workshops for deaf education professionals and parents in the areas of policy, best practices, and innovation (sponsored by Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center).
- Education Advocacy for Youth Summit– Workshops for high school students in advocacy and leadership (sponsored by Gallaudet University Deaf Studies Department and National Association of the Deaf).
- February 27, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Capitol Hill Advocacy Day Summit-Legislative briefing on advocacy issues (for professionals, parents, deaf school alumni, and high school students), then pre-arranged meetings with Congressional representatives (sponsored by Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf).