The Library – Educational Resource Center
Welcome to the ERC,
The mission of the Educational Resource Center is to provide information, technology, and instructional materials which assist Utah children with sensory loss to reach their maximum potential. This center also facilitates access to materials, information, and training for teachers and parents of children with sensory loss.
The Educational Resource Center (ERC) provides a variety of materials to meet the specialized needs of children and young adults with vision and/or hearing loss. Services include: captioned films for the deaf or hard of hearing; braille, large print, recorded materials for the visually impaired; a parent resource library; textbook depository; visual and teaching aids that support Utah’s academic curriculum; books for recreational reading; and adaptive materials which have been designed specifically for use by students with sensory loss.
Check out our Destiny Library Catalog online or visit http://destiny.usdb.org
- ERC Getting Started: Handy information about the ERC
- ERC Circulation Policy: Rules for using ERC items
- Destiny Quickstart Guide: Guide to use the Library catalog and access account information. Online process for requesting ERC items.
- OverDrive Quickstart Guide: The basics of using the OverDrive digital eMedia service.
- OverDrive Account Request: Form for USDB parents to set up an OverDrive account for home access.
- Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness User Guide: Guide to accessing full-text articles from JVIB.
- Educator Patron Agreement: Form needed for USDB staff to set up an ERC account.
- Parent Patron Agreement: Form needed for parents of USDB students to set up an ERC account.
- ERC Materials Transfer: Form needed to transfer items from one patron account to another.
- ERC Resource Request: Form used to request ERC items for checkout and pickup.
- Request Item[s] for Purchase: Form to request the ERC buy an item for the collection.
- USDB Assistive Technology Request: Form to request Assistive Technology Equipment designed for the visually impaired.
Educational Resource Center
742 Harrison Blvd.
Ogden, UT 84404
Phone: (801) 629-4817
Video Phone: (385) 290-4785